Welcome to the Fallon Nevada Stake Primary blog! This blog is full of ideas to help you with your primary needs. Scroll down to see the latest entries, or look to the side under "ideas" to search a specific idea. You can also search any word or topic using the "search blog" space on the right. Any questions, comments, ideas, etc.? Post a comment below any entry.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Get the bugs out....

VERSION #1: I went to a "Party store/dollar store" and bought real looking plastic bugs.... I think they cost me 8 for a $1. The children got a real kick out of it... I put them in a paper bag and had attached a small piece of tape to the bottom of each bug. I had a number written on each so I could control which songs we sang. They pulled one bug out or "caught one" and then had to hold it while we sang the song. We then decided if the bugs had been caught so we could put it in the BUG JAR (a big miracle whip plastic jug) that I had decorated with bug stickers. If not, the bug went back into the bag. Great for reviewing the CSMP songs! The bugs symbolize the problems with the songs.
VERSION #2: This is a cute technique to polish program songs. I made a tree on a poster board and then I cut out apples that had the titles of the program songs on them and three Gummi worms on the inside - if they sang the song and got the words right they got one worm out and if they sang it strong they got another worm out and if they sang it while sitting up or standing up straight and tall and facing me they got the third worm out - We tried to fill our bug jar with the worms. When the jar was full the children got a worm.

No comments: