Welcome to the Fallon Nevada Stake Primary blog! This blog is full of ideas to help you with your primary needs. Scroll down to see the latest entries, or look to the side under "ideas" to search a specific idea. You can also search any word or topic using the "search blog" space on the right. Any questions, comments, ideas, etc.? Post a comment below any entry.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Billy Bubblegum

Here's a fun variation on the balloon pop idea for reviewing songs for primary. I took a small poster board, drew a simple face and cut out a hole for the mouth, just large enough for a balloon to fit through. With very little effort, Billy Bubblegum was born! In Primary, I told the children we had a special visitor I wanted them to meet, and that his name was Billy Bubblegum.
I said, "But before I introduce you to Billy, there are few things you need to know about him. First of all, Billy Bubblegum loves what... can you guess? That's right... bubblegum! It's one of his most favorite things in the whole world. Second, Billy LOVES to come to Primary, because he can always feel the Spirit when he's here. And most especially, Billy loves primary songs. When he hears great singing, I mean really FANTASTIC singing, he gets so excited that he blows enormous bubbles! Let's see if we can sing well enough to impress Billy."
I had a teacher hold the poster and blow a "bubble" according to how well they sang each song, and they were amazing that day! I was worried about it being tricky so I tested it myself before going to Primary. I stretched out a fresh balloon so it would be pliable enough to blow up easily. "Billy" blew new bubbles for each song. The teacher blew air into the balloon bit by bit during each one, and then let the air out in between. One song was so great that the teacher actually tried to get it big enough to burst, but the balloon held (they were a little disappointed!).We had an awesome review time, with the children sang their hearts out and hoping the bubble would get big enough to burst. Billy Bubblegum will definitely be visiting our Primary again!

No comments: