Welcome to the Fallon Nevada Stake Primary blog! This blog is full of ideas to help you with your primary needs. Scroll down to see the latest entries, or look to the side under "ideas" to search a specific idea. You can also search any word or topic using the "search blog" space on the right. Any questions, comments, ideas, etc.? Post a comment below any entry.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Balloon Pop With a Twist

After reading a balloon review idea I was inspired and came up with my own idea. The children have NEVER EVER (junior and senior) sang so well as they did today - and I have done this so many years I have lost count! I started with a partially inflated balloon, but not tied. I told the children that depending on how well they sang the song we could add air, or take away air - their goal was to "pop it". My Primary President was the lucky gal who inflated and deflated while we sang. If they didn't do so hot and air was taken out we would review that song a little more until they did great. Then they got to pop it with a pin. I chose the "popper" from our popsicle stick chooser. One song wasn't so great, even with review, and I didn't want to spend so much time that we wouldn't get to popping more balloons, so I said, "well that wasn't quite there, but I'm sure that this next song will fill that balloon right up!" I chose one I knew they would do great at.I was a little concerned about how reverent this would be. But I told them it's okay to get a little loud after we pop it, but we had to settle down quick so we could sing well and pop another one. I would just give a little signal that it was time to quiet down and they did great. I was sure to compliment them on how great they were doing and that this showed me we could do this activity again. So now I'm thinking of a way to motivate them to sing that good in the program. Maybe a Primary "balloon fest" after the program or something...

No comments: