Welcome to the Fallon Nevada Stake Primary blog! This blog is full of ideas to help you with your primary needs. Scroll down to see the latest entries, or look to the side under "ideas" to search a specific idea. You can also search any word or topic using the "search blog" space on the right. Any questions, comments, ideas, etc.? Post a comment below any entry.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Singing Cookies

I wore an apron and had my largest mixing bowl, a wooden spoon and a variety of ingredients. When they sang well, I put in a little sugar or flour (or any of several normal ingredients for cookies). If they didn't do quite so well, I put in ingredients from the "other" side of the table. Mustard, Hot Sauce, egg shells, sand, grass and dirt. Junior Primary was a bit distracted by the idea of dirt in their cookies, but Senior Primary sang their little hearts out. At the end of singing time, I gave the bowl to the secretary and asked her to go "bake" them in the kitchen. We gave each of the children a cookie (that I had made previously) at the end of primary. I even took a taste of the senior's cookie dough and grossed them out a bit. We practiced singing Scripture Power for both Junior and Senior. The Senior Primary did the Apostle's and First Presidency sung to tune of Ten Little Indians. We talked about how important it is to KNOW that these men are called of God so when they talk to us in Conference we will have faith to follow their teachings. I put their pictures up and gradually took down the names. The children did better than I did! We sang more fun songs with the Junior's. Still trying to get those little Sunbeams feeling comfy, so I sang a lot of the songs we had done in Nursery. The time flew!

No comments: